Richmond Hill water or property tax payments relief extended until
GOOD NEWS, COUNCIL APPROVED THESE MEASURES.
Until January 1st, 2021, you do not have to make any water or property tax payments. (Please NOTE #2 below for a condition)
However, if you are like me, and are in a position to make your payments on their due date, or even pay them upfront in full, please continue to do so. This will help the City of Richmond Hill stretch its resources in order to assist as many struggling residents as possible.
The motion passed by Council consists of the following measures:
1. That the waiving of Penalties and Interest charges for late payment of taxes be extended to January 1, 2021, to assist those residents/businesses dealing with financial hardship related to the COVID-19, and the residents/businesses who can afford to pay their taxes to be strongly encouraged to do so at respective due dates;
2. That the approved Water/Wastewater retail rate increase of 7.5% for 2020 be deferred, subject to the Region deferring their wholesale rate increase;
3. That the waiving of Water/Wastewater late payment charges for overdue accounts, be extended to January 1, 2021;
4. That the approved Storm-water fee rate increase of 7.5% for 2020 be deferred to 2021; and
5. That the City’s Returned Cheque Fee of $45 be waived for the balance of 2020
You do not have to call in to have your property tax payment deferred unless you are enrolled in our pre-authorized installment plan. In that case, you must call in to stop the automatic withdrawal.
Account-holders on the pre-authorized debit program have the option to delay tax withdrawals by contacting Access Richmond Hill at email@example.com or 905-771-8800.
The plan applies to residential as well as business customers and covers the Municipal, Regional and Education components of your property tax bill.
Please see the attached approved motion summery.